Garlic has many medicinal properties in addition to cooking. Garlic has been used for the treatment of various diseases from ancient times. But Nothing is not good at all. Excessive use of garlic, which is mainly used as a spice, also has some side effects. Today we will know the advantages and disadvantages of using garlic.
Benefits or Advantages of Garlic:
1. Garlic: Garlic contains a compound called Allicin which helps in curing various diseases If you look at the past history of treatment, you will know that garlic was used only for curing various diseases. The use of garlic as a medicine for many treatments has been found in Egyptian, Babylonian, Greek, Roman, and Chinese civilizations.
2. Garlic is very nutritious, but it has very few calories which are given below:
1 ounce or 28 grams of garlic serves:
Manganese: 23% of the RDA.
Vitamin B6: 17% of the RDA.
Vitamin C: 15% of the RDA.
Selenium: 6% of the RDA.
Fiber: 1 gram.
Garlic also contains Calcium, Copper, Potassium, Phosphorus, Iron, and Vitamin B1.
Not only this thing, but garlic also contains almost everything that our body needs for good health. The bottom line is that garlic is low in calories but high in vitamin C, vitamin B6, and manganese. It also has a variety of nutrients that our body needs.
3. Eating garlic: Supplement or raw garlic cures flu and common cold very quickly. This is because eating garlic increases the efficiency of the immune system.
4. Helps to lower cure blood pressure: Cardiovascular diseases such as heart attack and stroke are one of the most leading causes of death in the world. High blood pressure or hypertension is the main cause of heart disease But it has been found that eating garlic four times a day helps in controlling normal blood pressure.
5. Balance cholesterol levels in the body: Regular consumption of garlic reduces bad cholesterol in the body and improves good cholesterol.
6. Cell damage and aging: This can cure Alzheimer’s disease and dementia prevent by garlic antioxidants.
7. Helps to live longer: Since blood pressure is under control, your chances of longevity improves a lot.
8. Helps to detoxify the body:
The sulfur present in garlic
helps the body to get rid of organs from damage and lead.
9. Increases bone strength: Thus, after a certain age, women’s bone strength decreases. It has been found that eating 2 grams of garlic daily increases the level of estrogen in the body of women. As a result, Even women who have gone through menopause will benefit bone problems are greatly reduced from regular consumption of garlic.
10. Quickly cures skin infections: As garlic has anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties, it is very effective in the treatment of skin infections.
Disadvantages of garlic:
1. Liver damage: Purification of blood, metabolism of fats and proteins, removal of ammonia from the body, etc. are some of the functions of the liver. Research shows that the allicin in garlic can cause liver poisoning if too much garlic is used.
2. Diarrhea: Eating garlic on an empty stomach can cause diarrhea. This is because garlic contains sulfur which makes gas in the stomach and plays a most probable role in causing diarrhea.
3. Vomiting and heartburn: According to research published by the National Cancer Institute in the United States, eating garlic on an empty stomach can cause heartburn, nausea, and vomiting. Garlic contains certain ingredients that can cause GERD or gastroesophageal reflux disease, according to a research report from Harvard Medical School.
4. Bad smell: If you take more garlic, you can get bad breath. The main reason for this issue is the sulfur in garlic.
5. Increases bleeding: Garlic has an identity as a natural ingredient to reduce blood density. So those who take ‘Warfarin’, ‘Aspirin’ etc. ‘Blood Thinner’ type drugs should not eat extra garlic. This is because the blood becomes too thin for this and internal bleeding which is very dangerous may start.
Read More: How polycystic ovary syndrome is diagnosed
6. Not for pregnant women: Pregnant women should stop eating garlic. Because it can increase ‘labor pain’ or labor pains. Mothers who are breastfeeding should also stay away from eating too much garlic as it changes the taste of milk.
7. Dizziness: Eating more garlic can occur lower blood pressure, which can cause various symptoms of low blood pressure.
8. Increases sweating: Multiple clinical kinds of research have shown that if you consume garlic for a long time, there is a big possibility of sweating more.
9. Inflammation of the female genitalia: Garlic should be kept away from the patient during the treatment of inflammation caused by ‘yeast’ in the female genitalia. because garlic occurs discomfort in the sensitive tissues of the female genitalia.
10. Eyesight problems: There is a possibility of ‘hyphema’ due to taking extra garlic. That is, it can cause bleeding between the iris and the cornea.